ABOUT DR. BASHIR A. AHMADI
Practicing Neurologist mainly interested in Headache and related disorders
Have EEG Lab at a private clinic with a qualified and trained technician for quality recording for evaluation of Epilepsy patients.
Known for providing low-cost and rational consulting services to economically non-affording patients. Practice positive discrimination.
POST HELD :
Ex. Prof and Head of Medicine : Kesar SAL Medical College and Research Institute, Ahmedabad
Ex. Associate Prof of Medicine : Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Written article on Dementia in Current Management in Neurological Disease.
- Published paper on ‘Strategy for Hospital Waste Management – A Case Study of Ahmedabad’ along with Dr. C. N. Ray; Mr. Arvind Kumar Singh
- Written number of articles for Gujarati Encyclopedia for Neurological words, along with Dr. Shilin Shukla.
- Written number of articles for local and national daily and magazines for public awareness on different health issues and neurological diseases.
- Compiled and edited souvenir in Indian Academy of Neurology 2012.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE :
- Conducted number of phase III trials on epilepsy patients for sustained release molecules like lamotrigine OD, Oxcarbazepine OD, Levetiracetam, and Injectable preparation like Levetiracetam, Lacosamide for evaluation of efficacy and safety.
- Conducted clinical trial on evaluation of response and safety of Entacapone in Parkinson’s disease.
- Conducted trial on patients with long-standing spasticity to evaluate24 hours response with extended-release baclofen.
- Completed trail of Interferon β 1a for Relapsing-Remitting multiple sclerosis for evaluating as a disease-modifying agent in relation to efficacy and response.
- Primary examining neurologist for Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled, Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and safety of long-acting Interferon β – 1a in Subjects with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis-ongoing.
- Thrombolysis in acute stroke with Reteplase during 4.5 Hr. window period-on going.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES :
- American Academy of Neurology
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Indian Stroke Association
- Epilepsy Society of India
- Indian Medical Association.
- Association of Physicians of India.
- Association of Physicians of Ahmedabad.
- Ahmedabad Medical Association.
- Advisory Committee Member of Ahmedabad Neurology Association
- Member of Institutional Ethics Committee of Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- Chairman – Sangini Institutional Ethics Committee
I HAVE SERVED THE FOLLOWING BODIES/COMMITTEES IN ONE CAPACITY OR THE OTHER :
- Chairman, Forum Against Female Feticide.
- Observer & External Examiner, CEPT, Ahmedabad.
- Conducted a number of Undergraduate & Postgraduate Examinations at different Universities both in Gujarat and other states.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY :
As a socially responsible citizen, I have been associated with a number of activities and organizations informal as well as informal capacities. To list a few
- Founder Trustee, Gantar, a Trust that works for the unfortunate children, street children, and those who discontinue schooling.
- Founder Trustee, Health Forum (Inspired by Medico Friend Circle) for developing medical-related socioeconomic understanding amongst medical students and people education program.
- Trustee, Peoples Training and Research Centre, the organization is working mainly for improvement and rights for ideal working conditions of laborers to reduce occupational hazards. The most important work done is against silicosis
- Member of the Rotary Club of Ahmedabad Metro, Rotary District 3050
- Member, All Gujarat Election Watch Committee
- Having hobbies of outing and photography.
More than 10 students have completed their post-graduation under my guidance, most of them are holding excellent positions at present, to name the few:
Dr. Jaya Trivedi Associate Prof in Neurology at Dallas USA
Dr. Nirav Sanghvi Neurologist at New York, USA
Dr. Abhishek Kakru practicing Oncologist at Ahmedabad
Dr. Sagar Betai DM Neurology Practicing at Ahmedabad